SilentDefense™ 3.13 now offers unprecedented visibility, proactive threat hunting capabilities and detailed vulnerability analysis, making it the most advanced cybersecurity solution available on the market today.
Eindhoven, The Netherlands –October, 16 2018 - SecurityMatters, a global leader in operational technology (OT) network protection, announced today that it has enhanced its OT network monitoring and intelligence platform, SilentDefense™. With this new release, SecurityMatters’ award-winning platform now processes intelligence information faster than ever to fight cybersecurity threats in any Industrial Control Systems (ICS) network.
The new version of SilentDefense™ (V. 3.13) has been designed to help users to implement a robust cyber defense strategy based on the proactive exploitation of intelligence information. The new features and benefits include:
- Threat Intelligence Ingestion to offer a rapid and continuous protection against any cyber threats. The ingestion of indicator of compromise (IOCs) in Structured Threat Information eXpression (STIX™) empowers enterprise-grade customers for integration at scale with complex security infrastructures.
- Forensic Time Machine lets users perform automatic, back-in-time threat searches and individuation of past compromises. After digestion of cyber threat intelligence information and new Indicators of Compromise, SilentDefense™ will scan the last 3 months (or more depending on configuration) of system events and traffic to determine if the represented threats were previously seen within the ICS network.
- Extended Network Authentication Analysis has been boosted to identify, monitor and correlate user behavior within the host network with anomalous activity. SilentDefense™ extends continuous detection of authenticated users on the network to open innovative investigation scenarios.
- Multi-Factor File Dissection effectively extracts and analyzes files using rule-based analysis, (such as YARA and proprietary malicious hashes) to conduct multi-module threat detection and enable quick remediation actions. Additionally, thanks to the SecurityMatters IT/OT integration capability, users can send files to any 3rd party analysis technology for automatic active response.
- Enhanced ITL (Industrial Threat Library) now includes vulnerability database and protocol support for over 1,600 ICS-specific threat indicators, vulnerabilities and Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs). In addition, SilentDefense reached the ambitious goal of supporting more than 100 IT/OT protocols.
“We boosted SilentDefense™ with some new powerful features tailored to our global customer base, developed with innovative technical solutions aimed at bringing industrial cyber resilience to the next level”, said Damiano Bolzoni, SecurityMatters CEO and co-founder. “These new features in our threat detection platform deliver unprecedented results and can easily integrate with extremely complex infrastructures, ingest threat intelligence faster, and visualize complex security information to guide the user in detecting any cyber threat.”
“We are very proud of this 3.13 release,” said Daniel Trivellato, Product Manager at SecurityMatters, “SilentDefense™ now offers the richest industrial threat and vulnerability management capability available today, and it's continuously expanding.”
Version 3.13 will be available to customers worldwide on October 18, 2018. Please ask your local representative for a demo or visit our website to schedule one.
SecurityMatters empowers critical infrastructure and manufacturing organizations with the ability to identify, analyze and respond to industrial threats and flaws, minimizing troubleshooting costs and unexpected downtime. We leverage OT-specific knowledge and understanding to provide visibility into critical assets and their activity and detect operational problems and cyber security threats as soon as they appear. We employ engaging, interactive visualizations and actionable insights to provide our customers with all the information they need to make their industrial networks cyber resilient. Our revolutionary network monitoring platform has been successfully deployed by customers worldwide. www.secmatters.com
Tiziana Fazio, Marketing Communications, SecurityMatters, email@example.com