Software Product Owner
Location: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Employment type: Full time
Education: Bachelor or Masters
Years of experience required: 5+
Are you a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products? Then we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking a strong agile software Product Owner to work with our dream team in order to deliver best software solutions to our worldwide customers. As Product Owner, your key responsibility will be to understand, prioritize, analyze, validate and manage the real needs of the product stakeholders, and lead development teams in the delivery of innovative solutions. You will act as the conduit between the customer community and the development team, and closely collaborate with other product owners to ensure that our software always meets and exceeds market requirements and expectations.
You will be involved throughout the entire software development life cycle. You will work with product managers to gather requirements from customers, partners, sales and support teams, analyze and understand these requirements, and translate them into accurate functional specifications with the development team. You will discuss with UI/UX designers and developers to ensure high quality user interfaces and experience, and verify that the work of the development team fulfills all the requirements.
We are looking for a Product Owner with a proven record of leading development teams to success, a strong team spirit, and excellent analytical and communication skills, to ensure that the user and market demands are addressed accurately and effectively.
What you will do:
- Work closely with other product owners to gather requirements from customers, partners, sales and support teams and map them into the product roadmap.
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements definition and analysis. Propose new product features and updates.
- Elicit requirements using surveys, interviews, document analysis, site visits, use cases, scenarios, and competitive product analysis.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by development team.
- In collaboration with the development team, write requirements specifications which are simple, clear, and meet customer expectations.
- Lead the development team in the iterative delivery of new functionality and solutions, to be tested and validated with actual end users.
- Work with our UI/UX designers to ensure that new and existing features not only address the functional requirements, but also guarantee the best user experience.
- Work with other product owners to ensure the best fit of new and existing features in the current software architecture, and that chosen technologies match both current and future product needs.
- Verify the correct fulfillment of all requirements. Identify requirements errors and defects, and write requirements defect identification and notification reports.
We are looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline.
- Fluency in English.
- At least 5 years of work experience in a software development company as team leader or Product Owner/manager.
- Experience with Scrum development methodologies.
- Listening skills, to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to surface essential requirements information.
- Analytical skills, to critically evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Writing skills, to communicate information effectively to customers, product managers, and development team.
- Organizational skills, to work with the vast array of information gathered during elicitation and analysis, to cope with rapidly changing information, and to ensure a timely delivery of new products and features.
- Interpersonal skills, to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among product stakeholders (such as customers, product management, and development).
- Modeling skills, to represent requirements information in graphical forms that augment textual representations in natural language, including using modeling languages already established in the development organization.
- Expert knowledge of the C++ and Java programming languages, relational databases and analytical database technologies is a plus.
SecurityMatters empowers critical infrastructure and manufacturing organizations with the ability to identify, analyze and respond to industrial threats and flaws, minimizing troubleshooting costs and unexpected downtime. We leverage OT-specific knowledge and understanding to provide visibility into critical assets and their activity, and detect operational problems and cyber security threats as soon as they appear. We employ engaging, interactive visualizations and actionable insights to provide our customers with all the information they need to make their industrial networks cyber resilient. Our revolutionary network monitoring platform has been successfully deployed by customers worldwide.
To apply, please fill in the form below.